Migros Basel is able to support, fund and sustain projects, events and activities of a cultural, social, educational, leisure or economic nature. The prerequisite is that the institutions, organisations and clubs applying for funding are not self-sustaining, nor are they publicly financed, profit-making or commercially active.
Making an application
Applications for support must be submitted in writing at least four weeks prior to the event or start of the project. All relevant information – including contact details, a description of the project, a detailed budget and the support being sought – must be provided with the application.
As a rule we will not support:
- Events/projects that have already taken place
- Late applications
- General running costs
- Occasions/projects of a religious nature or with a sectarian background
- Projects taking place outside of Switzerland
- Construction or renovation projects
- Benefit events for overseas aid projects
- (Private) individuals (e.g. grants/sponsorship)
- Carnival activities
- Contributions towards the production costs of plays, films, books, recordings etc.
- Top-class sport and team sponsorship
- Events related to degrees and dissertations
- General assemblies, conferences and lecture series
Receiving a grant
Migros Basel examines the applications for support in regular commission meetings. There is no entitlement to support, given that there is a limit to the funds available to Migros Basel each year – in contrast to the numbers of applications that may be received.
Apply for funding
The dossier on your project can be sent either by email email@example.com or by post to the following address: