Monte Generoso - Guided tour to the Nevère
A guided excursion immersed in the nature and culture of Monte Generoso and the Mendrisiotto characterised by the presence of the Nevère. These stone houses with their limestone roofs were filled with snow and this is where during the summer the farmers stored milk, butter and cheese. The Nevèra of Génor Caseret has been restored by the Muggio Valley Ethnographic Museum and is open for visits.
- Departure from Capolago at 9:25
- Departure of the hike from the Vetta at approx. 10:15 a.m.
- Free return according to timetable
- Medium difficulty (mountain trails)
- Duration approx. 4h, including breaks and guided tours
- Distance approx. 4 km (difference in altitude approx. 300 m)
- Equipment: sun/rain protection, good water supply, mountain shoes, rucksack with packed lunch
- The event is organised in collaboration with the Muggio Valley Ethnographic Museum.
- In case of bad weather the date of the excursion will be postponed to June 12th.